FESS Sinu-Cleanse Gentle Cleansing Nasal & Sinus Wash & 60 Sachets
A gentle, non-medicated isotonic wash that helps relieve nasal and sinus congestion.
The isotonic solution has a lower salt concentration and is ideal for washing and daily cleaning of the nasal and sinus cavities.
Daily use post-operatively will help clear the nasal and sinus cavities of dried blood and mucus.
FESS® Sinu-Cleanse is a non-medicated nasal and sinus wash. FESS® Sinu-Cleanse consists of pre-mixed dry powder sachets. When mixed with warm water, each 1.94 g sachet will produce 200 mL of alkaline buffered, mild isotonic saline wash.
How to prepare and use FESS® Sinu-Cleanse Wash
Please read instructions for use carefully. Before commencing to use FESS® Sinu-Cleanse you will need to boil 200 mL of water then allow it to cool until luke warm. Do not use with boiling hot water.
1) Empty contents of one sachet into the FESS® Sinu-Cleanse squeeze bottle
2) Pour previously boiled luke warm water into the bottle to the line marked ‘FULL’.
3) Place cap and tube onto the bottle and screw on tightly. Place finger over opening of cap and shake the bottle gently until the powder dissolves.
4) Lean or bend over a basin and place the cap gently inside the right nostril ensuring the tip is pointed towards the back of your head.
5) Keeping your mouth open, gently squeeze the bottle in a pulsing action. Whenever the soft squeeze bottle needs to fill with air, remove it from the nose before you release your hand pressure. This prevents “suck back” and helps to keep the remaining solution clean.
6) Allow approximately half of the solution to wash through the nasal passages and sinus cavity and come out of the left nostril. A small amount of the solution may enter your throat. This is not harmful.
7)Using the remaining solution, repeat this process in your left nostril. If necessary, blow your nose when you have finished. Discard any remaining solution you do not intend using within the next 2 hours.
8) Wash bottle, cap and tube thoroughly after each use and allow it to drip-dry.
9) For best results use FESS® Sinu-Cleanse once or twice daily or as directed by your doctor or specialist. This bottle is a mixing bottle for your convenience of use only. It is not a measuring device.
FESS can be used in conjunction with medicated nasal sprays such as steroids, antihistamines and decongestants. Use Fess prior to using an antihistamine or nasal steroid to allow better penetration of the medication, and after using a decongestant to moisturise and clear the nasal passages.