Betadine Antiseptic Topical Solution
Used in both hospitals and households around the country, this antiseptic is recommended for the treatment of minor cuts and abrasions, and is also effective against minor skin infections. Betadine Antiseptic Topical Solution kills bacteria commonly responsible for wound and skin infections
TAPS - PP4780
Povidone-Iodine 10% w/v. Equivalent to 1% w/v available Iodine
Apply: 2-3 times daily
Cuts wounds and abrasions
Apply Betadine Antiseptic Topical Solution undiluted liberally to the injured area using a cotton tipped applicator or cotton wool as desired. Wipe away from the cut and cover the surrounding area well.
• Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, talk to your health professional.
• DO NOT:
o use heat prior to application
o use if hypersensitive to iodine or povidone
o use if neck seal is broken
o mix with other wound treatment preparatins, disinfectants, detergents or other chemicals.
o use if known to have thyroid disease including goiter, thyroid nodules, or other thyroid diseases (especially elderly patients) due to risk of hyperthyroidism.
o use for 4 weeks PRIOR to thyroid cancer treatment
• Keep out of reach of children
• Avoid application over a long period of time and to large areas of the skin
• If irritation, redness or swelling develops, discontinue treatment and consult a doctor.
• Not recommended for use during pregnancy or whilst breatfeeding
• FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY